San Diego Criminal Defense Law Firm Kersey Law
Serving San Diego
Kersey Law is a criminal defense and immigration law firm in San Diego. We started Kersey Law because we had a desire to help people, and it’s an honor and a privilege to serve our community.
With Kersey Law, you’re getting a team of lawyers, a full administrative staff, and in-house investigators to serve your legal needs. You’re going to get experience and the confidence in knowing that your case is being handled right.
When it comes to hiring an attorney, this is a decision that can have a huge impact on your life; you want to make sure that that law firm has the capacity to handle the case that you’re hiring them for. You also want to make sure we have a good fit. We invite you to come to Kersey Law. Come talk to us and get a free case evaluation, and hopefully, we can be the ones to help you when you need us most.
About Attorney Jamahl C. Kersey, Esq.
For over a decade, our founding attorney, Jamahl Kersey, has defended against criminal matters such as 1st-degree murder, major drug conspiracy cases, and DUI, including defense of those who may be facing deportation.
A Desire To Help
Mr. Kersey’s desire to help people began during his early childhood. While growing up in a diverse community, he saw firsthand the struggles many families face, particularly immigrant families living in his neighborhood. He saw their fears when they were forced to answer to the police. He saw how deportations split up families. Mr. Kersey knew he wanted to help people in similar situations someday, ones who are often unfamiliar with the U.S. legal process and their rights.
He became fluent in Spanish and later earned a college degree. Jamahl later went on to become a successful immigration lawyer and criminal defense advocate.
Today, he utilizes his Spanish degree and knowledge of the law to counsel immigrant families about the system and individuals who are facing criminal charges and are desperately looking for an advocate who knows the law and can help them.
Criminal Defense Firm
Serving San Diego
The Law Office of Jamahl C. Kersey, Esq. represents individuals and families in San Diego with both immigration and criminal defense matters.
- Case evaluations are completely free, and you are under no obligation to hire our firm.
- I will vigorously defend you and will not back down.
- I recommend strategies specific to your circumstances.
- I treat my clients with compassion and provide unparalleled support.
Why You Need Experienced Lawyers
The criminal defense attorneys at The Kersey Law Office are equipped to handle all types of criminal charges, including those that may seem minor. It is important to remember that trying to navigate the criminal justice system on your own puts you at the mercy of prosecutors and judges, who are often most concerned with getting a conviction. Our defense attorneys are concerned with protecting your rights and have the resources and tenacity to help secure the most preferable outcomes possible.
Experienced and Professional
Criminal Defense Representation
When you have been charged with a criminal offense, your future is at stake. To protect your rights and freedom, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney who will treat your case with compassion and dedication. You’ll get both here.
For years, we have been passionate defenders of clients charged with a variety of criminal offenses. Criminal cases are often highly technical in nature. To avoid a conviction, you need an attorney who is deeply knowledgeable about the subject matter at stake in criminal trials and has the courtroom experience to mount a formidable defense.
If you have been charged with one of the following offenses, we can help.
- Aggravated Assault: If you’re facing aggravated assault charges, you need experienced legal representation. Reach out to our firm to speak with a criminal defense attorney.
- Criminal Immigration: Being convicted of a crime can have an impact on your immigration status and could leave you open to removal proceedings. Call our firm for help.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence cases can be complicated because of the close nature of the parties and a previous relationship history. Talk to an attorney about your options if you’ve been charged.
- Drug Crimes: The state of California takes drug crimes very seriously. Get help with your criminal defense strategy when you contact our firm.
- DUI: It’s not illegal to enjoy a drink or two after work on a night out with friends, but if you choose to drive when you’re impaired, you could face criminal charges for driving under the influence.
- Felony Domestic Violence: Being accused of a crime is never pleasant, but when you’re being accused of perpetrating violence against someone you once loved, it can be even harder to understand.
- Homicide: Homicide is one of the most serious crimes you can be accused of. Reach out to an attorney to understand these charges, how they could affect your future, and your defense options.
- Marijuana Charges: In 1996, California became the first state to legalize medical marijuana, and recreational use was legalized 20 years later in 2016. This has led to many people believing that they can no longer face marijuana charges
- Sex Crimes: A sex crimes conviction carries significant penalties and can follow you for the rest of your life. Contact an attorney to find out what you need to know about these charges.