Being Accused of a Crime is Traumatic. Let's Get to Work Defending You.
San Diego's Premier
Criminal Defense Immigration Attorneys
When you have been arrested for a crime, it is crucial that you contact a San Diego criminal defense immigration lawyer from our firm as early as possible for an in-office consultation. Do not speak with investigators or anyone else about the situation, as you could make statements that would add to the evidence against you and cost you the opportunity to fight the charges.
Start with a free case evaluation, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Free Case Evaluation
Put your case in our experienced hands.
Get started now.
Criminal Defense For Noncitizens
If you have been charged with a criminal offense as a lawful or unlawful resident, take legal action at once. Your residency status within the United States may be a delicate matter and could be in jeopardy because of a criminal record. You can be deported as punishment if you are arrested for alleged criminal activity. If you are convicted of either a misdemeanor or felony, you can be removed from the country. At Kersey Law, our San Diego immigration lawyers are here to stand by you as your advocate and offer defense against the criminal charges you face.
What Type Of Crime Are You Charged With?
We assist individuals facing both misdemeanors (crimes punishable by incarceration of one year or less and a $1,000 fine) and felonies (crimes that have more severe penalties) involving:
- Domestic violence: We defend against charges involving abusive behavior against a spouse, parent, child or cohabitant of a residence by examining whether the incident involved self-defense or if it occurred by accident.
- Drug offenses: We represent parties facing drug charges involving possession, sale and transportation of an illegal substance.
- DUI: We defend individuals facing drunk driving charges by analyzing the reliability of the blood alcohol test and whether police had cause to stop the vehicle and make the arrest.
- Fraud: We represent individuals who are charged with intentionally hiding the truth from another to gain an advantage.
- Theft: We represent those who are charged with taking or removing another person’s property as either grand theft or petit theft.
- Sex crimes: We defend against charges involving prostitution, rape, child pornography and other offenses that require registration as a sex offender.
- Weapons offenses: We represent individuals facing charges relating to the possession or use of an illegal weapon and other similar charges.
- Violent crimes: We defend against felony criminal offenses involving murder, assault, battery and robbery.
- Parole violations: We represent individuals who have been accused of violating a condition of their parole and subject to possible reincarceration.
- Probation violations: We represent individuals who have been accused of violating a condition of their probation and face jail time as a result.
Bail Hearings And Bench Warrants
We also represent individuals at bail hearings and those who have been issued bench warrants for failing to appear at a schedule court hearing or pay a fine.
How We Can Help You?
If you are a noncitizen facing criminal charges, we can sit down with you, examine your case and determine if police followed proper procedures and preserved your rights. We have defended many people in similar situations. We can help you.
Call us today at 619-399-3366 to learn more!
We also help with criminal offenses involving deportation including illegal re-entry.
Experienced and Professional
Criminal Defense Representation
When you have been charged with a criminal offense, your future is at stake. To protect your rights and freedom, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney who will treat your case with compassion and dedication. You’ll get both here.
For years, we have been passionate defenders of clients charged with a variety of criminal offenses. Criminal cases are often highly technical in nature. To avoid a conviction, you need an attorney that is deeply knowledgable about the subject matter at stake in criminal trials and has the courtroom experience to mount a formidable defense.
If you have been charged with one of the following offenses, we can help.